History_Archive_Subhead.jpg

About this icon's image: A photo of the Psychology faculty in 1938. (L-R): Elizabeth Gordon Andrews, Christian Heinlein, Christine Scarborough, Hugh Waskom, Louise Witmer, Paul Finner (Department Head), Dorothy Disher.


PSYCHOLOGY AT FSCW 1930 - 1947


 

This second part of the story our earliest history runs from 1930 to 1947, the seventeen-year period that immediately preceded the transition of Florida State College for Women to The Florida State University. In this period, the Department of Psychology assumed an important place on campus, and expanded its faculty, course offerings and laboratories in significant ways. The Great Depression and World War II occurred during this period and posed challenges and opportunities for the Department. The following links will take you through the story.


The 1930s: A Substantive Department is Established (Part 2)

The 1930s: How Students Remember Psychology Faculty - Examples

The 1930s: The Fiscal Environment

The 1930s: The Department Gets Modern New Laboratory Facilities

1940: Undergraduate Psychology Courses

1947: The End of FSCW and the Beginning of a New Era for Psychology At FSU

References

Acknowledgments



DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY, 1107 W. CALL STREET, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32306-4301

MAIN: (850) 644-2040 · FAX: (850) 644-7739 · PSYNET · myFSU · HELP

Comments to: webmaster@psy.fsu.edu    DESKTOP VERSION